Does Imperial accept returns?
- No. Since we are not selling direct to end users at this time, all returns must be handled through the retailer at which the item/s was purchased. This includes orders placed on a retailer website or in-store (i.e. Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon, Kohls etc). Please call their customer service department directly with questions related to orders.
Home Rec FAQs
What colors and types of billiard cloth are available?
- There is much more than green! DK Billiards stocks about 20-30 different colors and styles of pool table felt. We have a felt color guide, but it is preferred if you come into the showroom to pick out your color if possible.
How much room do I need for a pool table?
- Measuring for a pool table can be tricky. Not only do billiard tables come in different sizes, cue stick lengths also play a big role. To help make things a little easier for you, we have a handy-dandy game room planning guide. Print it out and arrange to your liking. Then bring the guide to our showroom and let us help you find the right size products for you.
What is a standard size pool table?How do I know what size table I have?
- Most people refer to an 8′ pool table as a standard for home use. The playing field is 44″ x 88″. Most coin-operated “bar” pool tables are 7′ and tournament sized tables are 9′. The best way to find out what size pool table you have is to measure from cushion tip to cushion tip on the short side, or width of the table. The length is always double the width. The only time you should measure the outside dimensions of your pool table is when you are ordering a custom cover.
How much does a pool table weigh?
- A typical 8’ slate pool table weighs about 750-850 pounds.
How long will my felt last?
- If the pool table is used daily for four to six hours you can expect your billiard cloth to last about 3 years. Most people, however, will choose to change the cloth color long before it is worn out. You can prolong the life of your cloth by brushing your table regularly and even using a small handheld vacuum is good to remove all of the chalk that settles into the cloth. Remember, keeping your pool table covered is the best way to protect and preserve your felt.
How do i brush my pool table?
- The best way to brush your pool table is to stay in one direction. This will keep the nap of the cloth uniform. It is also okay to use a small handheld vacuum cleaner to help remove any chalk dust that has settled onto the slate bed. A lint roller is also a lifesaver for dark cloth colors or pet hair and is safe to use.
Is it okay to move a pool table without taking it apart?
- 99% of the time the answer is “NO”! The only exceptions are pool tables that are constructed to be tipped over onto its side (coin operated tables) or in a situation where there is a large opening that the table can be dollied out as a whole. You should still consult a professional before moving your pool table yourself. Even tables in these situations can be damaged if they are improperly man-handled. NEVER, EVER take the legs off of a furniture style pool table or turn it on its side to try and fit it through the door. This WILL cause major damage to the leg mounts, blind aprons and/or slate, and cost a small fortune to fix.
How much space do I need for my pool table?
- A standard 44” x 88” (8’) pool table needs a minimum of 42” around the playing field. Ideally, you should have at least 58” for a standard sized cue.
Is it necessary to replace the felt when oving a pool table?
- No. The billiard cloth (aka felt) can usually be reused if it has been removed carefully and has not been re-stretched more than two times before (except worsted cloth). Remember that any tiny nicks or small tears in the cloth will get slightly larger and more noticeable when re-stretched onto the slate bed, and refelting at the time of your move or setup saves you around $100 in labor.
How long should my cushion rubber last?
- Generally, 20-25 years, although some cushion rubber lasts longer. If the pool table has seen direct sunlight, cushion life will be greatly reduced. We have also seen pool tables less than five years old that have “dead” cushions. It is unusual but it happens. You can test your cushions by rolling a ball firmly against a cushion on the short side. It should make 3 or 4 cushion-to-cushion contacts before coming to rest. The telltale sign of a dead cushion is a “thud” noise on contact. Cushions should be quiet and lively.
How high should I hang my lamp above my pool table?
- There should be 32-36” between the bottom of the lamp and cloth on the slate.
When should I replace my cue tip? How can I prevent tears in my cloth?
- You should check your cue tip regularly for wear. When the leather tip wears down to the thickness of dime it is time to replace it. By keeping your tip in good shape, you will not only get consistent play but also prevent small cuts in the cloth from miscues.
Can I put a pool table upstairs?
- Yes! There is usually an additional fee to move a pool table up a flight of stairs, but there is no reason that you can not put it there. We are assuming that your place is up to code. If you are unsure please consult a licensed general contractor. The pool table is probably as heavy as three or four big men.
What are billiard balls made of?
- Modern, high-quality billiard balls are made of pure phenolic resin. Lower quality balls are made of polyester or other polymers. Resin balls last longer, clean easier, and prevent burn marks in billiard cloth. Ivory balls are extremely rare and have not been used for decades for ethical reasons.
What do I do if I spilled my drink on the pool table cloths?
- Remember that prevention is key. You should not eat or drink near your pool table. But, if you do find yourself in this situation, act quickly. Absorb as much liquid as possible with clean dry paper towels. The longer the liquid sits, the more it will stain the cloth. We offer billiard cloth embedded with Teflon to help you keep your pool table clean. This is a great preventative measure, but secondary to not setting your drink on the rail of your pool table.
How long does it take to setup a pool table?
- Setup a new pool table? Approximately 1.5 – 2 hours. Move a pool table from one house to another? About 3 hours, not including drive time or flights of stairs. Refelt a pool table? About 2 hours.
How can I loosen the joint if it becomes hard to screw together?
- Sometimes the cue becomes difficult to screw together. This may happen due to some atmospheric or weather conditions such as excess heat, cold, or humidity. The solution is to use a silicone or graphite lubricant. Preferably something that is not oily. A drop or two of Liquid Wrench also was recommended to me by a player. Also take care when screwing your cue together as cross threading will also cause this problem.
What is the best way to keep the shaft smooth?
- Fiberglass coated shafts: Avoid using anything abrasive or caustic at all costs when you want to clean your cue as these types of cleaners will strip the Tru-Glide finish and immediately void the warrantee. Regular wiping with a damp rag or paper towel will go a long way in keeping you cue clean and smooth. You can dilute a little dish soap for added cleaning ability. Use Cuetec Hi-Tech for maximum cleaning and conditioning. Light sanding or buffing with 2200 grit sandpaper will help to buff out minor scratches. R360: Please bear in mind that the R360 shaft is a wood shaft, not fiberglass coated, as Cuetec has long been known for. All of the procedures for cleaning, maintaining, and conditioning the shaft apply. There are a variety of products out there to smooth those rough spots that may develop over time and bring back the smoothness. It may be of benefit to condition, burnish, and maybe even wax your new cue right out of the bag so it plays to your expectations.
How can I fix the clicking sound in the cue?
- Most Cuetec two piece professional cues, fiberglass coated or wood R360 are weight adjustable. Sometimes over the course of time these weights may move ever so slightly apart from each other. An 18 ounce cue has no weights in it so it is unlikely you will have this issue come up in an 18 ounce cue. A 19 ounce cue will likely come with one 1 ounce weight but may come with two ½ ounce weights. A 20 and 21 ounce cue will have multiple weight bolts in it. In these situations simply unscrew the butt cap with the rubber bumper on it (do not remove rubber bumper only), remove the weight bolts with either a Phillips of flat head screw driver, and then replace them snugly back into the weight bolt cavity. Put the butt cap with rubber bumper back on the cue and you should be good to go.
How do you adjust the weight of the cue?
- All of the professional Cuetec Cue models, fiberglass over wood or R360, are weight adjustable. The way to access the weight bolt cavity is to simply unscrew the butt cap with the rubber bumper on it. Do not remove rubber bumper only as it is attached using a special glue and heat to stay in your cue. It is virtually impossible to replace it once it is out. You then would need to purchase a new replacement butt cap with bumper.
What is the best way to replace the tip?
- Make sure the surface is clean, smooth, and dry and all of the old tip and glue are removed. There are many types of glues out there to use when replacing the tip on a cue. We have found that some brand of super glue gel works best on Cuetec Cues. Gel because it is not absorbed into the wood or ferrule making it difficult to adhere. I usually recommend the brand Loctite. Remember, a little goes a long way.
Can I use an indoor foosball table outdoors?
- We do not advise that: these tables are manufactured with materials and components suitable for indoor use and could suffer damages if kept outdoor.
Can I easily move my foosball table from a room to another of my house?
- Once assembled your table is quite wide and may not fit through your doors. For this reason, you should assemble it in the room you intend it to be used. Should you wish to move it to another room, you will have to temporarily remove the legs.
Are playing accessories (bats and balls) included with each tennis table?
- No, playing accessories are not included and, if required, can be chosen among our wide range of products covering all requirements and playing abilities.
Can I use an indoor table tennis outdoors if I keep it sheltered?
- We advise to keep indoor models indoors, as they can be damaged by humidity.
Can outdoor table tennis models endure all weather conditions?
- Outdoor models endure humidity and rain but please keep in mind that the top colors, after years of being under the sun, will gradually start to fade. To prolong their life, we advise to protect your table by using a cover. Also, we do not advise the leave your ping pong under the snow for a protracted period of time.
Can I use an outdoor tennis table indoor?
- If you have enough room to place your table and playing, this is a good way of enjoying your table in the coldest months.
What models are specifically designed for children?
- Though all tables are suitable to be used by children from 3 to 14 years (they are certified EN 71), there are some models more suitable than others. In the Classic tables section, G-100 has legs adjustable at three height levels, to suite the children stature growth. This model is also provided in bright cabinet colors, blue or red, besides the traditional beechwood. G-1000 and G-3000 are brilliantly colored tables with a strongly appealing design and rounded edges (no sharp parts). In the Games section, F-Mini, F-Zero, F-1 and F-3 are tables designed for children up to 10-11 years. F-Mini, F-Zero, F-1 are also available in version with bright graphics reproducing the football game. In any case, don't forget to ask for the version with telescopic bars, allowing extra safety (see also section Safety).
Are outdoor foosball tables suitable for all weather conditions?
- Outdoor models endure humidity and rain. Please follow the maintenance suggestions supplied with the Manual.
How big is the Skee-Ball Premium alley roller?
- Assembled Dimensions: 24”W x 108”L x 66”H, Weight: 245 lbs.
What is it made out of?
- Skee-Ball Premium alley rollers are proudly built in the Midwest, crafted with thermo-infused laminate, engineered wood, and an authentic 6mm-thick cork ramp for lasting durability; shipped with (5) heavy 2.75” round, woodgrain-style balls and featuring a digital LED pixel marquee display with colorful visuals.
Does my Skee-Ball Premium come assembled?
- The Skee-Ball Premium comes pre-assembled in two parts on one pallet, so all you need to do is connect the two parts, the head and the ramp. It’s easy, but find a friend, because technically the sections should be lifted by two (2) or more adults. And, life is more fulfilling with a friend.
How many games are included on the Skee-Ball Premium?
- Get ready to keep the good times rollin’ because Skee-Ball Premium comes with six (6) game modes for 1 to 6 players. Take your turn rolling 9 balls at the targets in Classic Skee-Ball style or vie for the highest score in 30 seconds if you’re feeling the need for speed. See all six games here.
How do I start playing?
- Power on your Skee-Ball Premium with the power switch on the top of the cabinet. Then, get familiar with the button panel, where you can chance the volume (between 0-10), choose between 1-6 players, select your game mode, and hit start!
Is it easy to move?
- It’s not impossible, just don’t try to be a tough guy, because this game weighs approximately 250 pounds when fully assembled. Four (4) or more adults must be involved when moving the assembled game.
How can I clean my Skee-Ball game?
- Plastic Parts & Display Panel: Use a mild, foaming glass cleaner and soft microfiber towel to gently wipe down these areas
- Wood Surfaces: Use any good furniture polish and a soft microfiber towel to gently wipe down these surfaces. Try on an inconspicuous area first, if the polish does not react with the painted or wood surfaces, use on the rest of the wood surfaces.
- White Target Rings: Use warm soapy water and a soft microfiber towel to gently wipe down the rings. Do not use bleach. For excess dirt, a Magic Eraser® pad may be used, but avoid contact with scoring decals.
- Runway Carpet and Metal Surfaces: Use warm soapy water and a soft microfiber towel to gently wipe down these surfaces. Do not use bleach.
Where does my Skee-Ball Premium come from?
- Skee-Ball Premium arcade cabinets are made and shipped from good ol’ Pulaski, Wisconsin (USA), just outside of Green Bay - home of the Pulaski Polka Days, Skee-Ball, and of course, the Green Bay Packers. Your Premium is handmade, in house, with the same quality and attention to detail as any original Skee-Ball alley you’d find in the arcade.
What is the product warranty?
- This product is covered by a 6-month manufacturer’s warranty that is effective for from the date of purchase. If during this 6-month period, a part is found to be defective or breaks, we will off er to replace parts at no cost. Send a message to [email protected]. Register your game at skeeball.com/register and we’ll grant you an additional 6-months of production (and send you a small gift)!
If something looks off or appears damaged when delivered, what should I do?
- Take pictures before and as you are unboxing your new Skee-Ball alley roller. If you sign for it make sure that you note there was damage or if it’s really bad, refuse delivery. We’ve got you covered and will always make things right.