CHOOSING BILLIARD BALLS
ARAMITH BILLIARD BALLS
Billiard Ball Standards
Billiard balls should meet 7 basic criteria: density, balance, diameter tolerance, roundness, color precision, surface polish, and brilliance after going through a 13-step manufacturing process. It takes 23 days to produce, cast, cure, grind, and polish the balls. Tight tolerances and specifications are met through state-of-the-art technology and craftsman checking each ball personally.
Perfectly round and balanced - uniform weight and hardness - brilliant colors - friction resistant roll and reaction are just a few of the key features that have earned Aramith its worldwide reputation as the premiere ball. Aramith balls are internationally approved for tournaments and championships.
A lifetime investment
Aramith phenolic balls last up to 5 times longer than other balls made from polymers or polyester. The billiard-play simulator leaves no doubt: Aramith phenolic balls are still perfectly playable even after 4.000.000 hits, whereas others were rendered unusable. No wonder they are the logical choice for commercial and private table-owners.
A money-saving investment
Thanks to their exceptionally long service life Aramith guarantees the lowest ball cost over time. The extra hard phenolic surface drastically reduces burn spots on both balls and cloth. As a result, balls need to be polished and replaced far less, saving both time and money.
An investment that creates customer loyalty
Aramith balls on the table attract league and tournament players. They enhance the quality image and reputation of any club. Regulars and newcomers stay to improve their play. And that's how customer satisfaction becomes a key element for the success of any billiard club.
When quality is the essence
- Because the ball material is crucial for its quality and performance, Saluc uses only phenolic resin produced in its own plant. As such it has full control over each of the basic material specifications that determine the playing characteristics.
- The 13-step production process lasts 23 days and includes casting and curing processes combined with unique grinding and state-of-the-art polishing technology.
- Throughout the production process, robotized & computerized technology continuously interfaces with and assists our craftmanship to guarantee tight diameter tolerance and roundness throughout each Aramith ball set.
- Computerization of color formulations and number engraving guarantees precisely crafted billiard balls. Therefore, every replacement ball will match up perfectly with any set!
- Regardless of the many automated and statistical quality controls used to guarantee tight specifications, each ball is still checked manually before leaving the factory to provide the worldwide distribution network with reliable and consistent output.
- Quality also means respect for our environment. Saluc maintains a full water treatment facility that incorporates environment-friendly processes with sophisticated recycling technology.
- Resin type: genuine Aramith resin
- Aramith resin: 100% HD (high-density) phenolic resin
- Density: from 1.69 up to 1.87 depending on Aramith resin type
- Density tolerance: +/- 0.015
- Density dispersion: evenly dispersed throughout ball and parts
- Hardness: > 73 HRH (Super Aramith PRO: >80 HRH)
- Hardness variation: no variation (constant overall ball parts and surface)
- Duramith™ technology: included in the high-end sets > Learn more
- Surface: vitrified surface
- Vitrification technology: Vitrotech™ by Aramith
- Surface rugosity: average Ra = 0.03 microns
- Surface finish: high gloss polish
- Rebound: constant within the set
- Anti-Kick™ properties: highly anti-static to minimize kicks, buttages & skids
- Balance (density dispersion): constant throughout the ball sections
- Surface elasticity: constant over ball
- Impact resistance: over 4.000.000 hits
- Burn spot resistance: resists to 250°C break shot instant friction temperatures
- Cloth wear: minimal, as Aramith keeps its smooth surface and avoids white marks
- Lifetime: up to 5x longer (more with Duramith™ Technology)
Billiard ball diameter range: from 1” up to 2-3/4”/p>
Tolerance standard: better than Precision Plastic Ball GRADE III specification limits
Most common diameter ("):
- Nominal: 2-1/4
- Diameter tolerance: max +/- 0,003
- Sphericity / roundness: max 0,002 (high end grade: max 0,0012)
Note: Some specifications are resin type and diameter specific.