Cuetec Bowtie Tip Tool; Blue
- A 3-in-1 tool that shapes, scuffs, and aerates the cue tip
- Great for use on new tips and tips that have seen long term use
- The perfect tool for every pool player
- Easily fits in your pocket
Cuetec Bowtie Tip Tool is a 3 in 1 tip tool that includes a shaper, a scuffer, and a tip pick. It is the perfect tool for every pool player and it's small enough to fit in your pocket.
The Bowtie Tip Tool has 3 distinct uses: Cue Tip Scuffer, Cue Tip Shaper, and Cue Tip Aerator.
- Cue Tip Scuffer – the purpose of the scuffer is to simply roughen the surface of the tip so it will hold chalk. Most new tips come with a finish that needs to be scuffed off before you can use the cue. After long-term use, the tip may compress to a smooth surface that also needs to be scuffed.
- Cue Tip Shaper – The purpose of the shaper is to contour the cue tip to the desired dome curvature you are comfortable with. You lightly scrape the tip using a rotating motion, clockwise or counter-clockwise, making sure you work your way around the entire tip. Players commonly use a dime or nickel to measure this curvature.
- Cue Tip Aerator – The purpose of the aerator is to break up the surface of the tip when it is new or it has been compressed after long-term use. You must unscrew the Bowtie Tip Tool to reveal the aerator pins. Gently roll the aerator over the tip piercing the tip with small pinholes so it will hold more chalk.